Thread: I'm new
View Single Post
Old 03-13-2014, 07:08 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default I'm new

Hi I’m new here,
In September 2012 I was diagnosed, I will share the doctors words…” a diagnostic consideration is multifocal motor neuropathy. With evidence of denervation to his TA, I discussed with the patient the possibility of a more diffuse process such as motor neuron disease or ALS.”
On October 28, 2012 I was fired from my job. First time for me, and I was never given a reason. My boss at that time was a friend I went to school with since 7th grade. I had been completely honest with him about my situation. No job = No money = No insurance = No more doctor, and here I sit 1 ½ yrs. later, completely lost and no compass to find my way.
In March 2013 after months of looking for a new job, I was hired by a local factory. The job was contingent upon successfully passing their physical. I did not pass, the doctor said “you would not make it here even 2 weeks.” She went on to say “I see you have a CDL, I would not pass you for that either. And if I did it would only be for 6 months.” I had already made that decision in 2012 myself, and now I was hearing a doctor say it.
In March 2012 I was still driving a flatbed semi when I knew I had to stop. I was having a lot of problems with the chains, binders, tarps and my shifting was off, basically everything was off. I could not explain any of it; but I was not going to wait for an accident. I gave my notice after securing a job with my friend. (I thought) Before all of that I was a carpenter until 2009 when that got to be too much.
After being denied the factory job I applied to a Voc. Rehab. I was on their waiting list about 4 months; I met with a counselor 4 times. And about 5 months later I was walked to the door and told “good luck”. She did not know what to do with me. I don’t think she understood my situation, I’m not sure if I really do either.
I did apply for SSDI, I got a denial letter today. As I said before I am completely lost. I have been asking for help all I get is more confusion. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Thank You,
Darren
Darren D is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote