Thread: PN Unberable
View Single Post
Old 03-13-2014, 10:00 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Hi Susanne!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susanne C. View Post
There is really nothing to do for the numbness. Mine is constant and involves about half of my body most of the time, my legs to the hips, arms to the elbows. I am used to it, or at least resigned. It is distracting, though.
Burning pain has moved up to thighs and hips for me, hard to sit still, going to the hair dresser or dentist is very difficult. I also get shooting pains and muscle aches in my arms and legs which would be debilitating but my pain is managed. I am on time release morphine, MS Contin, 30 mg x 3, as well as 1800 mg. of Gabapentin. With this combination I am able to function pretty well, keep house, drive short distances, shop a little, go for walks. I also have 7.5 mg of Percocet for breakthrough pain, averaging 1 per day. It isn't enough but it is what my doctor tolerates.

It can be very difficult to find a doctor willing to actually address the pain adequately, and you have to be a very cooperative patient. If they suggest other measures like physical therapy you must be compliant. Valium worked much better for my muscle spasms than Baclofen, but I have to give it a fair trial. Neuropathic pain has been called the most difficult pain to treat as well as the most painful, yet there are still doctors who dismiss it. My own neurologist, who was upset at my test results still said I shouldn't be in this much pain. I hope that you are able to find some relief. How long have you been dealing with this, and do you know your cause?
It sounds like you have your pain under control and are very vital that is marvelous.

I to am very active and also work from home. Don't think I could work outside but didn't plan on it b4 I got this dreaded thing I am in my 60's. I know I don't look it but I am beside that picture is 6 yrs old I need to take another.

I have not have this long at all I had symptoms but didn't pay much attention to them especially the itching of my feet and some tingling. I first got restless leg syndrome that would come and go a few years ago

This comes from diabetes although my dr said my numbers are ok.
But it come from the time I have it. It has not been that long about 6 years and my AIC is in the 6's and 7's

Keep in touch you are very inspirational. Kudos for not letting this interfere with your daily life.

Uglogirl

uglogirl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
hopeful (03-14-2014), St George 2013 (03-14-2014)