View Single Post
Old 03-13-2014, 10:23 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Notice of Award - but what diagnosis?

I keep reading that people get a "Fully Favorable Decision" and that it states why they got SSDI, and when you get a CDR, you must be careful to put that diagnosis in the right area on the CDR or you can trigger a long form or full review.

I have several issues - the main one being RSD/CRPS but also peripheral neuropathy, fibromyalgia, disk problems in the spine, asthma - etc.

I filed myself, and got approved first time. I got a letter Sept of 2010, finding me disabled as of Dec. 2009, which was the last day I worked, but it's called "Notice of Award"

There is no diagnosis listed. Not long after I got the letter, I called to see what they awarded me for - diagnosis etc - but they seemed confused and would not say. I know that none of the problems I have are one of the automatically covered diagnosis.

There is a bar code vertically, on the right side of the paper. Along the same side of the paper, in tiny, tiny type is a series of letters and numbers and symbols that must be 30 or more characters long. This set of numbers and letters is on the front side of each page of the letter, but the numbers and letters are different on each page. Is this diagnosis? How in the world do you know what it means if it is?

Also, where my name and address is, where they would show through the mailing envelope, there is a tiny set of letters and numbers above my name. If this is the diagnosis, that seems odd, because it would show on the outside of the envelope?

I am set for review 5-7 years.

I am worried that I won't know what to put in the diagnosis area of the CDR to keep from triggering a long form.

If you get a "Notice of Award" are you supposed to get a "Fully Favorable Decision" letter too with the diagnosis on it? I carefully kept everything I got from them, and I do not have a Fully Favorable Decision, only the Notice of Award.

Janke, Lit Love - can you help? Anyone?
Confused….

Thanks for any help!
daylilyfan is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Hopeless (03-13-2014)