View Single Post
Old 03-14-2014, 11:27 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by soccertese View Post
all i ask from these people that claim they reduced their symptoms is just prove their diagnosis and what pd meds they were taking. it's not difficult to get your medical and pharmacy records. how about a before and after video?

i've tried eating hot peppers, drank cherry juice, blueberry juice and felt nothing. cherry juice did help me sleep just a little because of the melatonin but no better than OTC melatonin.

boy, just a lot of pseudo science here.

if he wanted a little nicotine why not just snip off a small piece of nicotine gum and chew it with a regular piece of gum?

sure doesn't sound like he got much nicotine compared to villiers.

he says he's currently taking meds for E.T., never said he had any rigidity. huh?
Soccertese, why so negative?

Glen (the person in the radio interview) is sharing what works for him. In the beginning part of the interview he talks about the meds he was taking – Azilect, sinemet, ropinirole etc and how he was able to reduce them with dietary and other changes. He’s not selling anything and freely discusses his symptoms and how he found relief. He makes a good point that one also needs exercise, faith, fight and determination – waking each morning with inspiration to fight PD.

Some of his dietary and supplement suggestions are exactly what my neurologist is now recommending (blueberries, vit B12, turmeric, green tea etc.) – and I don’t want to be the one to tell her that’s just a bunch of “pseudo science” according to some!

Regarding nicotine gum – that’s the same question I had and here’s Glen’s response:

Nicotine gum by itself say chopped in ten pieces and blended in chewing gun works but when I tried that the effects were shorter in terms of "on" time than eggplant, green tomatoes or peppers. That's because these fruits have solanine and chaconine which inhibit acetylcholinesterase, and because eggplant has a powerful antioxidant and chelate called nasunin, read www.nasunin.com. And they have other good stuff.

Finally, check this one “Eating Foods With Nicotine Could Help Prevent Parkinson's Disease”
http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/260354.php
MeAndPD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
anagirl (03-14-2014), badboy99 (03-14-2014), Muireann (03-14-2014)