View Single Post
Old 03-14-2014, 12:42 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default open-minded

One of the things I love about everyone here is how open-minded we are. We all realize that what works for one person may not work for another, and we also realize that we may not see things the same way, so we respect each other's opinion and their right to see things differently. Right?

I respect soccertease for stating his concerns, that takes guts as well as some time to analyze what this guy is saying (our first thought when I read his written narrative was that a 93% reduction in meds would be hard to quantify---how did he get that #? Why not 92% or 94%?). But he is an engineer, so perhaps he had ways to calculate his reduction to the stated 93%...but it would help if he shared how he got that number.

Personally, I'm thrilled he is feeling better, that is awesome for him. But.....I have to agree with soccertease...if we found ourselves greatly reducing meds and feeling way better, (yes, we have spent some time fantasizing about what we would do if PD were no longer the main feature of our lives)...we'd make a website sharing the story with before/after videos and before/after lists and amounts of meds/supplements taken, and then a detailed chronology of the recovery.

Given that the dx rate for PD is so erroneous and often flat-out WRONG (poor Harley I always think of you when erroneous PD dx comes up ), we would also include redacted copies of the medical charts/notes showing PD dx....not just from one doc, but all of the docs we've seen who have corroborated the dx. Most PWP get a second (and sometimes third, or, gasp, fourth opinion), and those would be included as well. Would also include the redacted notes showing progression and increased/added meds as the years had gone by.

Now maybe this guy hasn't gotten around to getting all of that stuff on his site yet....hopefully he'll put in on there. Being the engineer that he is, he will know the critical importance of objective/empirical validation. Let's wait and see when he puts more information out there, and then everyone can judge for him/her self.

Having said that, I personally think eating better can only help. While not a huge fan of eggplant (have I ever even bought one?), I guess I can try to get my family to muscle down a few bites of it to see if it helps
lurkingforacure is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
aquario (03-14-2014), lab rat (03-14-2014), RLSmi (03-14-2014), soccertese (03-14-2014), Tupelo3 (03-14-2014), zanpar321 (03-14-2014)