View Single Post
Old 03-14-2014, 06:08 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by echoes long ago View Post
it has been recommended by new york state in writing in a guide to its residents to put in your diagnosis in the reason for visit section of the short form questionairre.

the 800 number is not noted for always giving out the best or even at times most accurate information.

there is also a section on the short form to write comments. no where on the form does it say its not a good idea to write comments because your short form may get kicked for a full cdr. it also doesnt say its not a good idea to attach anything because you may then get a long form cdr. both of those have caused the short forms to be kicked for a full cdr. the guide is just that a guide to filling out the short form and long form in a way which will cause the least future complications.

im passing on the information that i got from new york state, which is what i chose to do on my short form and which was acceptable and successful.

you can obviously do whatever you choose on your own cdr.

Here is what someone wrote on a similar thread I posted not too long ago:

When I received my last disability update report (short form - continuing disabilty review) I put the following on the 3 lines for my last 3 "reasons for visit": medication, counseling, prescriptions.

I didn't put my original diagnosis or any diagnosis at all on this particular form.

I had been having psych appointment every month and I did list those dates.

Anyway, about 4 weeks after mailing it in, I received a letter telling me my disability benefits would be continuing.

Anyway, that's my story.

I don't know about the 800 number giving out bad advice or not but then I don't know how the CDR short form itself can be wrong either. It says right on it for question 5 put down the reason for your last three visits, then it gives examples, "prescriptions, counseling, etc." It doesn't say anything about putting down your original diagnosis. Aside from the 5% they randomly pull anyway, what is wrong about filling out the CDR exactly the way it says to on the form itself?

Last edited by ssdirecipient; 03-14-2014 at 06:41 PM.
ssdirecipient is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote