View Single Post
Old 03-14-2014, 06:11 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi, Thanks.
No, and no.
My old family doctor didn't think there was anything wrong, when I was trying to tell her this stuff. She was against doing any scans, saying that they might increase risk for cancer. At the time I think I was more vague when trying to describe it, mostly just saying that I have trouble concentrating.
My guidance counselor, thought that maybe I had depression, and suggested a psychiatric clinic. When I went there I did some tests on paper, and was told that I had depression, and social anxiety. They prescribed Prozac, and magnesium(for my memory), both of which I took for about 4 or 5 months. At that point I missed an appointment, and instead of paying the fee I just never went back. The prozac helped with my mood, but my concentration, reading ability, and ability to feel, remained the same.
Sometime after that, I started going to a walk in clinic to do some tests. I did a CT scan, EEG, and maybe also a PET. some of the tests I was told I was clear, while on others, they said that they never received the results, suggesting that this must be because there's nothing wrong.
After all this, I started becoming pretty hopeless, and decided to just cope with it, and try to do the best I can, with what I've got.
Only very recently I finally got enough courage to give it another shot, by getting a new family doctor, who I'm going to be seeing for the first time in 1 and a half weeks.
minderased is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote