View Single Post
Old 03-15-2014, 01:38 AM
Banned User

10 yr Member
Banned User

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIT LOVE View Post
I provided a link. If you read it, you would understand I was not suggesting that you have your children apply for disability, but rather that SS provides additional funds for a beneficiary's children and/or spouse caring for children. There is no requirement that the children be disabled, or receive treatment, and nor will the government tell you "how to raise them" anymore than a citizen not receiving benefits. The money needs to be spent on them and not on the other adults living with you, but that is not an unreasonable expectation. If you are unable to manage how the benefits are spent, a representative payee should be considered.

If you are unable to understand this information, than contact SS directly or an advocate. If you have a legitimate claim, your children could be entitled to substantial backpay.
I read your link. But what office is this at? Each office has their own rules. This may apply at one office. It likely does not apply at the office we are going to. I have been to several offices inquiring about family benefits. It seems to be mostly a legend. Just like the mythical "back pay" you mention. I hear lots of fantastical stories about back pay, yet there is no such thing. Any SSA worker will tell you back pay does not exist. Also, I have been to an SS specialty attorney that said back pay only existed for a few cases in California in the 1970's. Since then? Nothing.

I wish there was something though. Most of my friends pay $2,000 a month for a bachelor pad. We pay all our expenses on a mere $600 a month for a family of 4 and are told we are "wealthy and arrogant" when we attempt to apply for other benefits like SNAP, which disabled families are not allowed to receive...
NoCmpassion is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote