View Single Post
Old 03-15-2014, 04:45 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default A suggestion from a fellow sufferer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AF18 View Post
i've had dystonia and fibro for about 2.5 yrs. it's taken control of my life and it's affecting my family as well since i'm always mad and irritated. meds dont' work. my neurologist is out of answers since the Botox is not responding. i don't know what to do. my depression is getting worse and i find myself wishing i don't wake up to avoid going through my painful days. i know my stress from everything i'm going through doesn't help due to the pain. I don't know what to do anymore. is anyone out there going through the same thing?
Not the same exactly. I have Lyme Disease which mimics many other illnesses. Doctors tend to try to treat the symptoms which won't work because it is only a mimic. Have you tried massage?

Since most medications do not do as advertised for me, I am limited to what will work and have had to find alternate ways. I use accupressure to relieve symptoms. And I use a form of massage called Myotherapy - check it out and see if it might help. I was absolutely near death at one point because of pain and depression and could not convince doctors that what they were doing did not work. If medicine for me is not aspirin based it does not touch the pain. The myotherapy stopped the carpal tunnel symptons, thyroid symptoms and when the spinal arthritis acts up, it helps that as well. I am a many years dancer with the associated problems as well, but depend wholly on holistic ideas and massage. Even if it does not "fix" you, it certain would be a help. Try it.
jgg1337 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote