View Single Post
Old 03-15-2014, 12:16 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default I wonder what would happen if I quit cold turkey.

I have been thinking lately about the possibilities of quitting sinemet (levodopa/carbidopa), I take the generic. I have various reasons to wonder about this.
First of all when I ride my spin bike I notice that I can extend my interval between medication from every hour to about every 3 hours.
I have long wondered about the possibility of starting out the day without meds, get in about a half hours ride and then see how long before I feel like I have to take meds.
I also would like to extend this theory to eliminating as much as possible any protein, processed food, added sugar in my diet.
I myself wonder if I never took that first pill what would be my condition today?
I wonder if like testosterone and steroids for instance that if it is coming from somewhere else the body tends to slow down the production of the dopamine for example since it is being replaced in the med.
Oh well lots of thoughts. Maybe next week I'll do a bit of tinkering. Perhaps I won't jump to the extreme, I'll just see how long I can go before I am crying for relief.
Jim091866 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote