View Single Post
Old 03-15-2014, 02:29 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

I suggest you start creating a list of the issues you need to limit or have some control over. For me, I need to have control over schedule intensity. I also need to have access to escape from over-stimulation. Then, with this list, you can put together a scenario that will be conducive to a good work environment.

If you struggle to learn new skills, understanding how to best learn new skills will be helpful. I need a slow multi-sensory learning model with lots of opportunity for repetition.

You may be able to get some help from a State Vocational Rehab Office.

If your condition is like mine, you have not lost much of your capability. Instead, that capability just needs a different environment and pace. SSDI calls this Pace and Persistence, meaning one cannot maintain the pace of work and consistent persistence to do that work compared to a non-injured person. We just need more time and a calmer work environment.

Keep in mind that your skills are likely very transferable to other endeavors. Organizational skills, computer skills, and such are needed in many occupations. They can be the backbone of your qualifications. So, try to get an assessment from Voc Rahab. You will be surprised at how much your skills will crossover.

My best to you.

"Be still and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10
Mark in Idaho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
EsthersDoll (03-24-2014)