View Single Post
Old 03-16-2014, 01:49 AM
Senior Member (**Dr Smith is named after a character from Lost in Space, not a medical doctor)

10 yr Member
Senior Member (**Dr Smith is named after a character from Lost in Space, not a medical doctor)

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeksauce View Post
My Question: Is it possible my older MRI results could have 'missed' the congenital/benign AVM which was found in my recent MRI? If not, meaning the previous MRI rules out the recent MRI findings as benign AVM, then what might it be?
Hi geeksauce, welcome.

Aside from the human factor in "reading"/interpreting imaging, errors can occur from a number of sources, so yes, it's possible that something could have been missed or misinterpreted on the earlier MRI.

sources of errors in mri

If there has been no error, I would not assume that the previous MRI rules out the recent MRI findings as benign AVM.

What you have posted is the report from the earlier MRI. Your doctor wants to see the imaging itself, presumably to see/interpret it for himself and compare the two to see what's what.

I empathize with your concern (and that waiting sucks; BT-DT), but I don't see any benefit in drawing any premature conclusions. Hang in there, and please get back to us after your doctor reviews the imaging and you find out anything concrete/definite.

Doc

Dr. Smith is NOT a medical doctor. He was a character from LOST IN SPACE.
All opinions expressed are my own. For medical advice/opinion, consult your doctor.
Dr. Smith is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
geeksauce (03-17-2014)