View Single Post
Old 03-16-2014, 04:57 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenChloe View Post
Hello,

I was recently diagnosed with venous&arterial TOS by my local hospital and my surgeon wants me to get half of my 1st rib and scalene muscles removed. Someone spoke with me and told me that Dr. Lum is the best surgeon for TOS surgeries so I recently met with him for another opinion. His personality was great and explained my two pages of questions. At first he wants me to get lidocaine injections in my scalene muscles to see how that goes before we schedule surgery to remove the entire rib and snip the two scalene muscles. I'm trying to make the decision to either get surgery close to home, or travel hours to JH to get Dr. Lum to do it.

For those who did get their surgery by him, how was the surgery/post surgery and your stay at JH?

I met Dr. Lum last December, and really liked him. Felt he knew he stuff, and he is also great about getting back with you by email right away with any little question you have. He had me come back for the scalene block, then we scheduled surgery for the end of January. In the mean time, I met with a thoracic surgeon here(I'm in KY) who I didn't like as much, but, he acted like he knew what he was doing, and we went with the local guy, just for the convenience of not having to travel for surgery. Boy, was that a mistake. My surgery had a lot of complications due to the fact that the surgeon just plain did not have enough experience with it. I will have some permanent disability from the botched surgery. Point is, take it from me, go with your gut. If you feel like Lum is the best guy, then it is worth travelling for.
brisco71 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ShaggyChic_1201 (10-05-2015)