View Single Post
Old 03-16-2014, 06:02 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

kevbo87,

Welcome to NeuroTalk. It sounds like you have suffered quite a concussion. Your concussion history only makes it worse. I would say you are suffering from Multiple Concussion Syndrome where each successive concussion is more severe (for the same level of impact) and slower to recover.

I suggest you get your neck checked out. Very subtle upper neck injuries can cause horrible head ache problems. Gentle therapy and good posture discipline during rest and sleep will be important. Sometimes, the struggle to stay asleep is due to apnea. Do you have stressful dreams that cause you to wake up ? These can be a sign of poor oxygenation from interrupted breathing.

The clear fluid from your ears is a concern. Be sure to tell the doctor.

You don't say what you do for a job. Some jobs can be dangerous if the worker does not have full neurological function. Be glad you are getting 60% pay. Many of us have been denied WC benefits. btw, WC benefits are often tax free so the reduction is not so severe.

A neuro may be helpful or maybe a Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation doctor will be better.

When you say your jaw hurts or is stuff, are you talking about your TMJ ? Muscle tension from an injured upper neck can mess up ones temporal mandibular joint. Do you have tenderness at the bony areas behind your ears ?

The Fioricet had acetaminophen. It is best to avoid acetaminophen due to it chemical stress on the brain. Ask the pharmacist if there is a version without acetaminophen. The pharmacist can get a script change from your doctor over the phone. Soma (carisoprodol) may offer the muscle relaxation your doctor is trying to treat with the Fioricet.

Feel free to tell or ask us anything. There are no dumb questions here.

My best to you.

"Be still and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10
Mark in Idaho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote