View Single Post
Old 03-16-2014, 06:59 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi Mark, thanks for the response, its appreciated!

As far as my line of work im basically an engineer, a highway worker, an athletic field builder, a landscaper, a you name it, my job does it (public works) I take my job very seriously and am very physically engaged.

The whole neck thing is sort of in check. My wife is a physical therapist, so she has been working on it daily for the past month. Really hasn't made any difference.

The jaw thing I can describe as basically where it feels like where the jaw hinges on the left side doesnt want to open, like a deep pressure. No tenderness behind the ear either.

The whole situation is just so weird though. Because some days lately ive been feeling great. Just minor headaches and lack of concentration, and other days its like day 1 all over again. Its got me slightly confused/worried that something major could be wrong. I know there was no bleeding in the one and only CT scan I had at the hospital, so I know thats a good sign. But I just want to know why I cant sleep. To be honest I dont know if im having any dreams. When I wake up in the night, its just basically from a throbbing headache. I find that sitting up or standing makes my head feel better rather than laying down. Laying down for an extended period of time makes it feel like someone is holding me upside down and giving me a blood rush to the head!

Thing is, my work has been understanding these past two months, but lately its more of , why are you still out sort of deal. I mean, they are still playing nice, but it has me a bit concerned. I think this is one of those injuries you dont know what its like until youve been through it.

Ive never been to a neurologist, not really even sure what this guy will do. Will he order another CT scan, an MRI, something? I know im not ready to go back to work yet, and feel as though it could be dangerous. But ive lost 27 lbs in 2 months (mostly because my appetite is just not there anymore), I have my first child coming in a few weeks, and im just straight out bored out of my mind. So im just hoping he will clear me for labor so I can get back to normal work wise before my first child.
Bruins88 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote