View Single Post
Old 03-16-2014, 10:06 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Hey Pat :)

You must have been reading my mind ! I was thinking the same thing

How in the world you've done this for 16 years just amazes me. I'm going on my 11th month since this monster claimed my whole, entire life. Nothing compared to you

Do you take something for your depression ? I'm on 40mg of paxil....was only on 20mg before all this started and I was going through chemo then. Exactly one month after chemo....Wham....SFN knocked my feet out from under me. Not literally thank goodness

I got up to 2700mg of gaba but couldn't take the side effects in my head.....the neuro dropped me back down to 1800mg gaba and added Cymbalta....I'm now up to 90mg on the Cymbalta. I take 1/2 a narco (7.5) every 3 to 4 hours and add 1/2 a Xanax when the pain gets too bad. The pain is never actually gone.

I don't drive or ride unless absolutely necessary which it was this afternoon. Only drove 4 miles and back. Never even got out of the car and all the way home I had to put my left foot up on my right knee and hold my toes ! Stinging and electrical currents go crazy when I'm in a car.

I don't even want to think about an SCS until I've exhausted everything else. All I want to do is clean my house, grocery shop once a week and cook.

And I understand about hardly being able to walk. Being on my feet at all for any length of time does me in. I do walk the dog 4 or 5 times a day in our yard because I know I have to use those muscles. It hurts like crazy and by the time I'm coming back in I'm a limping mess.

I have this in both feet, my hands and it has now started in my upper right arm. Some trouble with my legs on and off. Not sure what's going on there.

Sorry to hear about your troubles and I truly understand. I'm 51 and there is not one good thing to say about this condition.

Debi from Georgia
St George 2013 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ger715 (03-18-2014)