View Single Post
Old 03-16-2014, 10:37 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

It took some time before I found the right combo of meds to help me with my rsd pain. I had to increase them for about a year and a half until they worked right. Now I find myself having more pain and needing to increase some again per my pm drs okay. I would see a pm dr and neurologist that knows something about rsd and have them try to work with you before you do the surgical implant. I had a dr who tried pushing that on me , but my neurologist advised against it. I am sticking with meds for now. I have too many back problems and I'm afraid of complications like infections that can occur with implants. I've already had two botched surgeries. One on my wrist which caused the rsd in the first place and one on my stomach which caused my rsd to spread to my stomach. When a dr tells me the chances of complications from surgery are rare, I tell them that the chances of getting rsd from surgery are rare, but it happened to me. I'm not willing to take anymore chances. I'm afraid it just might kill me if I do. It's just my opinion, but its how I feel. I wish you good luck in whatever you decide to do.
"Thanks for this!" says:
GucciMamaRSDFighter (05-04-2014)