View Single Post
Old 03-16-2014, 10:45 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Could it still be crps/rsd when missing some symptoms?

Had shoulder replacement right after a standard nerve block they did in the side of my neck, i think it resulted in injury to one of the brachial plexus.
Have not seen a neurologist yet, told surg and my pain dr about the strange experience during the shoulder/neck numbing block, yet they are insisting I have crps and want me to do some other nerve block this friday, and I have an appt with a neurologist on the 9th.

I don't know whether to do the nerve block, or wait to see the neurologist first, because I don,t have some of the symptoms of crps.
My skin feels normal temp, no visible swelling (tho it feels like it), and no discoloration that I can see.
My only symptoms are the intense burning from the bottom of my rt bicep all the way to my wrist, mostly just on the inside, which I think is the anti brachial nerve, and the right side of my neck is really sore.
The birning in my foerearm is 10x worse than my worst day with my bad shoulder even after surgery.
So, missing these symptoms....does that possibly erase the diagnosis?
Could this be type 2?
Could it simply be a very irritated nerve from the replacement block?

And if so, could a ganglion nerve block be suggested too soon?
And finally, what would you do in my shoes?
Have the nerve block first, or endure the pain and depression issues for a few weeks and let a neurologist advise you?

I'm sorry I posted almost the same but added a lot of questions because I'm kinda freaking out in my head from reading about all this new info,
and i'm having trouble thinking right and being able to correctly search the forums.
I just can't figure out in my mind what to do, and I have no family left or anyone else that I can talk to about this that has the slightest clue of how bad I feel.
Since '99 I have had 6 broken femur surg's, 2 disc repairs, 1 cervical fusion, left knee scope, rt shldr scope, rt elbow repair, and rt shoulder replacement a few weeks ago.
CaseyB is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote