View Single Post
Old 03-16-2014, 10:53 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Difficult decision

Quote:
Originally Posted by GucciMamaRSDFighter View Post
Need advice...I've been on many meds (kadian, percet, gabapentin....) but they only seem to slightly ease /take the edge off the pain...I've had several nerve blocks but they only seem to fully last a short while, then the pain is back and slowly increase :confused...Has this ever Happen to any1 else????? Now the Dr is wanting to try a surgical implant (a pain pump or tens-unit) both have side affects..sound scary... Not sure about this.. Any options????
I had crps for two years now,went into meds combos,spinal blocks,interferential unit and finally spinal cord stimulator implanted permanently on jan 2013 with many side effects,reactions that I did not expected,got a second surgery 2014 jan again to reposition my batery from buttocks area to abdominal area,still in the healing processes I do have relief on the affected area but the disco for ,side effects make me change my mind everyday about that maybe was not the right decision but everyone else is different I personally don't take any narcotic pain killers because I used to work in medical field and I'm aware of how bad they can turn but I don't judge people who used then in my case I decided not too but reality is nothing outer will ever heal you ever,we just manage our pain,but the pain is there and always will be,just because you don't see it it doesn't mean is not there ,hope you ask your dr and try as many med combo you can tolerate because even a surgery can be undone by the damage to your tissues will be permanent so think every step and do research,is the best advise I can give anybody,I got my scs and all medical treatments without knowing 100% sure of the upcoming results!I regretted many times but still willing to try one more time!hope you do what's best for you and your family after all!they all suffer with us in those bad days!so many sometimes!keep the faith!blessings to all

eevo61 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
RSD ME (03-16-2014)