Thread: Update
View Single Post
Old 03-17-2014, 07:57 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Sally,
Cute pic of the two fur babies .
Yes, you did tell me to stay off the ice, but I honestly didn’t see it because it was covered with water. Thankfully, we don’t get billed for health care in Canada beyond the premiums that we pay for health care coverage, so no worries.

Ann,
The fall was actually pretty simple. Foot on ice, fell down, went boom .
As for the rest of the carp I’ve been going through, I just see it as having taken a rather long time to figure out that an infection was having its way with the body. As for MS…well, that’s never simple is it?

Trish,
Like I said, I am so happy that things have finally turned a corner with respect to getting IVIG treatment for the infection, and also getting good news with respect to the problems it has caused.
Finally there is light at the end of the tunnel…and it isn’t the train.

Kitty,
I think that they did salt and sand the lot, but where I parked my truck, the salt melted the ice just enough to put a water slick over the ice while I was in the hospital, so I didn’t see it. It’s sort of unavoidable up here when the winter switches over to a spring climate. There is ice pretty much everywhere at this time of year. I should have been more careful, knowing that .

Thanks Sparky,
Oh, I’m sure the fracture will heal up just fine. It is such a little bone and actually, that area is kind of numb now, so not much pain here. The rest of the body is achy from the fall now that it is day 3, but that should improve from here on out.
I’m looking forward to gardening this spring, now that everything is looking more positive. It has been a tough winter for sure.

Thanks everyone else for your kind thoughts and support. Like I said, I'm just so happy to be coming around and am looking forward to tending my garden this year.

With love, Erika
Erika is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ANNagain (03-19-2014), Debbie D (03-19-2014), doydie (03-18-2014), SallyC (03-17-2014)