Thread: Hi Bryanna
View Single Post
Old 03-17-2014, 10:04 AM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Hi Chris,

The pulsing feeling when you put your head down could indicate that there is a sinus communication occurring withing that space. Which could be due to residual bacterial and/or a perforation into the sinus membrane. It also could be nothing to be concerned about and will dissipate over time.

One way to "give a look" at that area and see the location of the sinus is to have a dental periapical x-ray done. If there is a sinus communication it is best to see the size of it via the x-ray.

Has your dentist done an x-ray up there recently? Have you explained the pulsing feeling that you get?

Bryanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisinireland View Post
When I would rest ie put my head down I sometimes feel a kind of knitting pulsing feeling not always but I figure this is it healing etc so was not to alarmed but I am not 100% sure regarding the perio ligament but the previous dentist really scraped the area when removing the tooth which left quite a bit of healing to be done when the tooth was removed but the last thing i want is for any dead tissue to be left inside the area so just want to be 100% sure on this.

Chris
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote