View Single Post
Old 03-17-2014, 11:22 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default OA

I thought I posted to this but don't see it.. I did not know I had OA till my back went into horrific pain getting out of the tub about 10 yrs ago. OA can eat at the pars and cause your vertebrae to slip -this is what happened to me at L3/L4 so my back is unstable. I go into spasms -painful all the time. My body leans to the left when in spasm. I have it in my neck too. I have done PT many many times for pain relief for my back and neck. It is a good idea to keep up with back exercises which I don't but there are reasons for that now. I developed neuropathy as well which I think is from the constant spasms I have had. I am not diabetic.

I just wish our bodies were built better so we do not get these conditions that cause so much pain. OA tends to affect woman more than men. When I was younger, I sure wish dr would have said don't lift things and hurt yourself which we all do. Watch this and do that to at least try and prevent this...but no dr tells you about any of this till you have it. Until then you are not even aware these things exist. I envy people that don't end up with all these conditions.
IllPn is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote