View Single Post
Old 03-17-2014, 12:15 PM
Newly Joined

10 yr Member
Newly Joined

10 yr Member
Default Boston Scientific SCS problems

Hi,
My name is Erez, I'm 28 years old. I've been suffering from chronic pain since I was about 14 – first at my left wrist and currently all along my left arm, left side of my back and shoulder.
Three years ago I was diagnosed with CRPS Type II (after previous diagnosis of Thoracic Outlet Syndrome and multiple surgeries that have just made things worse).
I went through all the "regular" treatments without any luck – a year and a half ago I was prescribed medical cannabis which helps but isn't a cure of course. Finally 8 months ago I had a Spinal Cord Stimulator surgery (Boston Scientific – Precision Plus). The SCS helped from the very beginning, and helped to bring down the pain. Unfortunately 4 months after my surgery that SCS stopped working, and according to my Dr. the electrode was the fault (4 out of the 8 poles were disconnected) – I went through another surgery, in which they replaced the faulty electrode and the SCS "came back to life". A month after this surgery I started having similar problems (now 2 out of the 8 poles seem disconnected). My Dr. wants to perform another surgery to fix this problem, but I really don't think that having surgery every other month is the right way… I wanted to know if by any chance anyone had any similar SCS problems.
Thanks in advance,
Erez
Erez28 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote