Thread: O/T Groceries
View Single Post
Old 05-27-2007, 05:52 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Thank you guys for the cooking ideas...

I am going to make myself a little book of things I can cook quickly. I never thought of making an omellette for dinner Glen, That's a great idea!

Bob, I also make really good chile,and it's winter here now so it would be perfect. I think I will make a weekly menu,and post it up on fridge and try to stick with it best I can. That way I can rotate around the food groups.

I googled up "costco", and beleive me there isn't anything remotely like that here. We definately need one. My customers tell me that they spend an average of $300 per week on food for a family of 4.

So I know something is really wrong when I hear that. I can easily spend $200 and end up with nothing in my fridge. My husband always says, "you went shopping, but there's no food in fridge".

I have to learn to shop smarter,and ofcourse cook easier meals.

As far as the husband goes, I have to start making those baby steps towards liberating myself a bit from this 2nd shift as I call it. But I have to take baby steps towards this. I sware if I left that man to his own devices he would be living like a bushman, with no concept of clean.

When people ask me how many kids I have I always say 2... if you count my husband.! LOL!
Aussie99 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote