Thread: Ringing in Ear
View Single Post
Old 03-17-2014, 04:57 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hey Renee! I have bad ringing in my ears (tinnitus) and have for several years. Mine is in both ears. I went to an ENT (Ear, Nose & Throat dr) to get them checked. Everything looked fine to him. He gave me the number of a tinnitus clinic about an hour away. He said they couldn't get rid of it, they would basically teach me how to live with it...or tolerate it. My ears are very sensitive to sounds, especially really loud or high pitched. I figured that sensitivity in one of them is because my little brother kicked me in my head, right on my ear (ouch!) when we were kids (it was completely an accident).

Several years ago I was getting these really bad sharp, shooting pains in both ears. My ENT tried putting tubes in and I had to get them out pretty soon afterwards. The pain was awful. He could not understand why I hurt so bad, even when he took the tubes out. We were sitting there talking afterwards and the tears were rolling down my face. We figured that it had to do something with RSD.

Oh, I do have some hearing loss in one ear...but that could be from that kick

If I were you, I would go see an ENT to confirm that it is not something else going on.

Nanc
Nanc is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
eevo61 (03-18-2014), RSD ME (03-17-2014)