View Single Post
Old 03-17-2014, 07:52 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanna View Post
Hi jayp,

Antibiotics can affect people in different ways. So if you don't have to take them, then don't. If you feel well and your dentist said everything looks good clinically.... then just continue with the warm salt water rinses until the holes close completely. Do not use any over the counter mouthwash that contains alcohol, chemicals, dyes or preservatives in it. Brush thoroughly and floss as well as you can to keep the plaque down. Stick with a soft food diet for another week or so to avoid moving your jaw too much.

A note about antibiotics causing stomach problems at the onset of using them ..... this can indicate that your intestinal flora (bacteria) are out of balance to begin with. You could benefit from taking a daily probiotic to restore the good bacteria in your gut. For optimal health, most people require a probiotic supplement because their diet is lacking in good bacteria which disrupts the balance leading to digestive, intestinal and candida problems.

I hope this information is helpful to you.
Bryanna
thanks so much bryanna! i will look into probiotics. my dentist also felt it was not necessary to try a different antibiotic - however:

what are some concerning signs of possible infection if i were to get it?

am i "out of the woods" of getting an infection once the holes heal over?

i'm paranoid about osteomyletis too.

the one thing i notice is that my voicebox seems sore, like i coudln't sing or make high pitches if i wanted to. i'm assuming this is normal?
jayp is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote