View Single Post
Old 03-17-2014, 10:37 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Hi jayp,

FYI Re probiotics..... a good one to try is called Culturelle. It can found at many food stores and drug stores.

There are many signs of oral infection... some are swelling, hot or throbbing feeling in the area that is infected, fever, fatigue, foul breath odor, etc.

Some oral infections do not have symptoms at the onset. So it's always best to to be real careful to take really good care of the wounds and follow the post operative protocol until the sites have closed.

Osteomyelitis can occur after the holes have closed if there is bacteria residing in the bone. However, this is not something you need to focus on as the chances of that occurring are very low especially in a case such as yours.

It is a bit odd that your voice box would be sore or that you would be unable to make high pitch noises since the surgery. Even if you had IV sedation, there is usually no need to intubate the patient unless there are some extenuating circumstances. Did you have IV sedation?

If you have not done anything to cause this soreness, you might want to see your physician if it gets worse or does not improve in a day or two.

Bryanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayp View Post
thanks so much bryanna! i will look into probiotics. my dentist also felt it was not necessary to try a different antibiotic - however:

what are some concerning signs of possible infection if i were to get it?

am i "out of the woods" of getting an infection once the holes heal over?

i'm paranoid about osteomyletis too.

the one thing i notice is that my voicebox seems sore, like i coudln't sing or make high pitches if i wanted to. i'm assuming this is normal?
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote