View Single Post
Old 03-18-2014, 02:14 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default New to NeuroTalk!

I am new to Neurotalk. I was diagnosed with RSD/CRPS after a I got injured at work. My friends think because they cant see all of my symptoms, they dont exsist. I felt very alone. After reading some threads on here I know I am not the only one. In my state or my area is not familiar with RSD..

A little about me.. I am 25 years old. In 2010 I was working in a nursing
Home as a CNA, I had just graduated nursing school. A patient decided she wanted to fight staff and an hour and 5 staff members later, we got her calmed down. Some how in all the efforts to get her safetly to her chair from her bed I got injured. Felt a horrible pain frkm my back to my foot. Went to the hospital, they said a bruised hip gave me a checkup date and sent me home. 2 days later my leg and foot were trippled in size. After numerous x rays, MRIs, PT, and boot casts the Drs. Were at a loss. A year later they said the only thing it could be was RSD. They set uo nerve blocks, had the max amount of those I could have. After over a year of a swollen foot and leg all the nerve blocks did was reduce the swelling. So I had the stimulator implanted. ( biggest regret!!) I have been on numerous medications, nothing has helped. Dr said there was nothing they could do RSD wasn't life changing or anything I'd be ok. (I couldn't believe my dr said that!!) and sent me on my way. Workers comp released me and now fighting them for a settlement. So with drs with little knowledge of rsd and now no chance of using my college degree I am completely lost. Well now that I feel like I habe written a novel I will end this with I am glad this forum exsists! And I hope to talk to some of you soon!!
RSDEmily is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
moosey2me (03-19-2014), Russell (03-20-2014)