View Single Post
Old 03-18-2014, 09:26 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitt View Post
KarenEVP, You posted that you had a "shock the leg" test. Do you mean EMG/NCV testing? The doctor found only a little abnormality but it wouldn't be a big deal. Curious as to what was actually found if you don't mind sharing. Thanks.
At one time, I painstakingly posted out my doctors notes that I asked for, mostly for Mrs. D to see. What do you call it - little electric shocks, they dont really hurt but are annoying.. to try to figure out if your nerves are working up to speed or are, I guess too slow? The neurologist did it in his office. I just cant remember and dont feel like grabbing out those papers, off to play with grandaughter today.

Here's what I had. Three numb toes, then a foot tingle. That went on for a while. Then after maybe five months - I had a never ending kind of cramp in my calf. The calf got weak if I used it for more than three hours a day. This went away, mostly, when I took the level of Vitamin D Mrs. D told me to take. My vitamin D test was a 15 point something, very low. The neurologist never looked into it. I came here and asked about it.

Then I started getting little pains, light kind of burning pains, enough to annoy you and keep you awake, moving up both legs.. finally into the but. There were times when I didn't know how to sleep cause they were in the front, sides, backs of legs and but, no where to lay on. Very annoying. Then there was the electronic shock that came along to the left cheek every so often and left foot. First time it happened, I just stood there, didnt know what happened or what to do. If I put my left foot back down, it would shock again. I was stuck in place at work. This ****** me off. Then it went away.

Then there was the horrible all over pricking and itching. That was resolved with the benfiotamine that I told you about, thank God. Then on top of that the Benfiotamine started keeping the annoying light pains up my legs and butt from happening when night time close in. When I started taking the Alpha Lipoic Acid, those light pains went away further.

Sometimes if I eat something that sets off my nerves, I still get to enjoy all of these annoying issues. I just have to wait for it to wear off and not eat that stuff again, or take that supplement, or whatever set it off.

Since almost a month on the mud.. when I get up there is no trace of nerve pain. Usually in the morning there is still a little, that sends me for my Benfitiamone, can't remember how to spell it, and the alpha lipoic acid - first thing, also that nortriptyline antideppresant I told you all about in this thread. The first time I spelled these things out for you guys, I looked at the bottles, I am just ready to go do something else right now but want to answer you.

Now in the morning, I have ZERO pains, not even the tinyest slightest trace. I dont have the occassional prick or pain that lets me know that the neuropathy is manageable but certainly not gone. I have been having ZERO, do you guys hear me? ZERO. That is why I have come into post about this. It's got to help someone else it just has to.

Now if I were to go eat the things that irritate my neuropathy, yes, I would get those stupid nueropathy symptoms back.. I tried it just to see, in a little tiny amount. It does not protect against eating what you know will **** off your neuropathy. Also, when I eat something that ****** off my neuropathy, the Benfiatomine, whatever , and the alpha lip. acid dont help either. So no difference there.

I have had days lately where I can say I have completely forgotten I have neuropathy.. if you have manageable neuropathy, then you can imagine what that would be like. Thanks for reading my post and asking a question, makes me feel like I spent my time for something here. But Im sorry, gotta' go and don't want to deal with spelling and typos right now. Sincerely, Karen
KarenEVP is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Kitt (03-18-2014), mrsD (03-18-2014)