View Single Post
Old 03-18-2014, 10:35 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi,

I had the surgery two years ago when I was 37 (the younger and healthier you are the faster you recover) and I think I was walking to the park after 1 week and driving between 3 and 4 weeks post op. I had headaches and spasms just like you describe which disappeared immediately after surgery. I believe the headaches are occipital & trigeminal neuralgia and are cervicogenic in nature, brought on by the neck tension and forward head posture that comes along with TOS. I believe there is a good chance that you will be headache free if your cervical spine is still healthy. You may need PT and massage to lengthen shortened muscles and strengthen to correct muscle imbalances.

Unfortunately for me, I had existing cervical spine issues and had fusion surgery a year before. My TOS symptoms recurred 9 months post surgery and so did headaches, but with a slightly different presentation (excruciating neck pain). I had more surgery to clean up scar tissue on the brachial plexus (and investigate other potential issues). Long story short my TOS symptoms are resolved but my neck and headaches are still an issue. I can only wonder what if TOS had been identified sooner (before my neck became an issue)...would I have still needed the fusion? I started having TOS symptoms in 2007 but didn't start having neck pain until 2010, prior to learning about TOS.

ACDF C5-C6-C7 2/28/11

nospam is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote