View Single Post
Old 03-18-2014, 12:54 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Welcome to NT Emily! You have come to a great place for info and support. So sorry for what you are going through!

"RSD is not life changing or anything I'd be ok" Really??? You need to get away from that ignorant doctor immediately and get with someone more knowledgeable. The ignorance of some of the doctors out there amazes me. If you can get with a good doctor that understands RSD/CRPS, then you may be able to get your pain and symptoms to a more controllable level. Then maybe you can put that degree to use. I know someone who is a RN and works at a hospital full-time. Part-time she reads EKG's for a life insurance company....she does this from home. Something like that home job may be a possibility for you at some point...hopefully!!

Sorry the SCS didn't work for you. I had two (thoracic and cervical) for almost three years. They did wonders for me for the first year and a half, then I had issues with them and the effectiveness wore off. Glad I got them, they allowed me to work an additional year and a half...just wish they helped me longer. I have had RSD for a little more than 23 years and it is throughout most of my body. I finally had to stop working Dec 2012 and am now on disability. I just couldn't do it anymore.

All the best,
Nanc
Nanc is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
moosey2me (03-19-2014)