Old 03-18-2014, 07:38 PM
Magnate

10 yr Member
Magnate

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erez28 View Post
Hi,
My name is Erez, I'm 28 years old. I've been suffering from chronic pain since I was about 14 – first at my left wrist and currently all along my left arm, left side of my back and shoulder.
Three years ago I was diagnosed with CRPS Type II (after previous diagnosis of Thoracic Outlet Syndrome and multiple surgeries that have just made things worse).
I went through all the "regular" treatments without any luck – a year and a half ago I was prescribed medical cannabis which helps but isn't a cure of course. Finally 8 months ago I had a Spinal Cord Stimulator surgery (Boston Scientific – Precision Plus). The SCS helped from the very beginning, and helped to bring down the pain. Unfortunately 4 months after my surgery that SCS stopped working, and according to my Dr. the electrode was the fault (4 out of the 8 poles were disconnected) – I went through another surgery, in which they replaced the faulty electrode and the SCS "came back to life". A month after this surgery I started having similar problems (now 2 out of the 8 poles seem disconnected). My Dr. wants to perform another surgery to fix this problem, but I really don't think that having surgery every other month is the right way… I wanted to know if by any chance anyone had any similar SCS problems.
Thanks in advance,
Erez

I am inclined to agree with Hannabananna (HB). Seems like too many surgeries. A second opinion might be a good idea.

Not saying this is the case; but sometime $$$$ play a part in the decision for procedures, surgeries, etc. Reps, working for SCS get commissions. We would like to hope this does not enter the picture.

When I had failed trial SCS, rep didn't even say "goodbye" when the different programs he tried did not work and that I was not planning to do another trial. Beforehand, he was my "best friend".

Again, a second opinion might be a good idea. Hopefully your Primary Care doctor can recommend someone reliable.

Wishing you feeling better and less pain.

Gerry
ger715 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
eva5667faliure (03-20-2014), Hannabananna (03-19-2014), Mark56 (03-18-2014), Rrae (03-21-2014)