View Single Post
Old 03-18-2014, 11:11 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

jayp,

It is not necessary to use the irrigation syringe unless you feel you have something caught in one of the sockets. If you are healing well.... then I would continue with soft foods and warm salt water rinses.

You really should be eating more nutritious foods. FYI... Ensure is not nutritious as it contains nothing but chemicals. Some soft food ideas are eggs, boiled chicken (in soup), cooked beans, hummus, avocados, mashed sweet potatoes, well cooked veggies, baked fish, home made fruit smoothies .... just do not use a straw.

Bryanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayp View Post
sorry to keep bothering you, but is it safe for me (almost 1 week after extraction) to use the irrigation thing? my instructions said i could use it after 3 days, but i' haven't been using it out of fear of dry socket.

i did use it a little today, but that thing squirts out really fast! it was hard to do it "gently" no matter how hard i tried. so i got scared and now afraid to use it because of dry socket.

i haven't even really eaten anything that would get really stuck in my sites anyways, pretty much i've been living off ensure shakes, yogurt, oatmeal, and ice cream. =/
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote