View Single Post
Old 03-18-2014, 11:16 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

ocd27,

Yes, the ligament could be inflamed and the more you grind on that tooth the more inflamed it will become. So you have to try to stop doing that.

The bite wing xrays are taken in 4 shots. Two on each side of the mouth and yes you would bite down on a plastic mouth prop. Roots cannot be seen on this type of x-ray unless they are taken wrong. So when you go in to the office just ask if that is what you had. If it is, then explain your tooth pain and have them take a periapical x-ray.

Bryanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocd27 View Post
hey bryanna thanks for thr reply.

im not sure if I got it right with the x-ray. I had about 4 different things I had to bite on and this machine was put beside my face and the dentist stepped out the room and took the xray. she allowed me to look at the xray and I could see all my teeth on one side and the roots.

im just worried that its a chronic abscess. I don't understand how it could be one though. There is no decay on the tooth. I don't eat on that side so unsure how I could of fractured it.

I can't help touching it as I have severe anxiety. I also grind a lot as of late when im awake.

I had to have an rct as I've already lost 3 teeth. I plan to have this then in a few years get implants.

is it possible I have an inflamed ligament on the molar in question? I am quite worriedb about it. I will probably leave it until Friday. hopefully itll calm down.

thank you
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote