View Single Post
Old 03-19-2014, 12:11 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I am so happy to hear you guys have an answer, Jana! I am sure your sis is grateful for your guidance.

I've been reading this particular thread w interest. I have pos striational abs (not outrageously thou)and my neuro never recommended a thymus eval. Now I'm panicking. I looked at an old CT from 2 years ago for a lung lesion and an incidental finding was residual thymic tissue in anterior mediastinum.

Can you guys weigh in? Shud I be looking for a new neuro? Racing for another ct scan? Love your thoughts, Annie, Limpy, Jana. Should CT include contrast?

Thx so much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieB3 View Post
That's friggin' great. Well, the doctoring part. In someone with MG symptoms who has a high striational AB, the chance of a thymoma is super high.

It sucks that she probably has a thymoma. It is possible that once they remove it, her symptoms "might" lessen or be gone. Might, maybe, possibly . . . I sound the way doctors talk.

You know a good surgeon, if I remember correctly.

I hope she will now pay close attention to what her body is saying to her. She should get a lot of rest before any surgery. She should also consult with pulmonology beforehand, because the anesthesiologist would want to know what her stats are.

I also hope they're careful with any pain meds, like morphine! You know the drill.

It really is a relief to know what's going on. I'll bet she's so grateful to have a sister who has MG. That always sounds awful, but you know what I mean.

Annie
Needananswer is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote