Thread: Here's an idea
View Single Post
Old 03-19-2014, 03:21 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSD RENEE View Post
I was wondering if anyone knew how to get people at like grocery stores to ask for donations like a dollar donation for rsd. I see them do it for cancer, ms, diabetes, alzhiemers and lupus ( which are all terrible conditions too) but I never see any for rsd. How does one get someone to recongnize rsd? Would a letter to our politicians make it possible to do that. It would not only raise money to hopefully find a cure for rsd but would help raise awareness too. Any thoughts would be much appreciated.
Normally this is the sort of thing that is organized by a charitable organization. I see them "locally" all the time for a large, regional children's hospital that probably covers more than just our state for treatment. There are also many that are organized by national organizations and do a nationwide, month-long drive of this nature, partnering with as many brands and stores as they can get. I think for it to be successful it would need to be set up through an already existing organization. Anything else could make people a little skeptical about where their money is going and make them unwilling to donate. It's a good idea though, and I think that getting one of the organizations to do it would be awesome.
Adalaide is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
RSD ME (03-19-2014)