View Single Post
Old 05-27-2007, 07:56 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

Thanks for the anniversay wishes...

And on the pumps...we gave up doing that by hand, well in the mid 90's. Obviously we could count drops and convert that to cc's per hour, better than the new nurses these days....as infusing something 25% faster than ordered, isn't usually a good idea. Now, that said, I got my IVIG a bit faster, but I had absolutely no problems during or after the infusions...no headaches, no fevers no nothing, so occassionally we finished up a half hour sooner...but my nurses used pumps.

I never, ever ran an IV without a pump in homecare since around 2000.
HMMM. Now I have been out of nursing for a few years, as I had a different business of my own, and now I am to unreliable healthwise to be counted on for a shift...(I can consult, lol).

I had a very nice anniversary and got a great camera...now to figure out how to use it. We also had one of our kids move out and I got a spare room...aaahhh-life is good....well, OK, the present 45 minutes ain't bad. Give me an hour.

I liked that one commercial for carpeting, where the kid leaves and the empty nesters get new carpet and try to find a new purpose for this room...they try dancing....they try bonsai trees, she knocks him out doing martial arts...and then they go back to having it the kid's room, 'just in case'. Well, this empty room, has no 'just in case clause'. It is MINE, alll MINE..... I now have a home office and I am changing the locks.
cyclelops is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote