View Single Post
Old 03-19-2014, 11:38 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemmon714 View Post
Hello,

This is my first time posting on this site, and hopefully I might find some help. About a year and a half ago, I had a ruptured disc remove from C5-C6, and had bone fusion. I have a plate and four screws in it now. For the first 3-4 months, I suffered with horrible neck and arm pain. I had an EMG, and was told I had significant right side nerve damage, but it would ease in time. It eventually did, but has returned over the last couple of months, and it's worse than ever. The back of my neck up into the base of my skull feel like they're going to blow out when I wake up in the morning. After Tramadol, Flexeril, Excedrin, and a bunch of Ibuprofen, I can function somewhat well. The pain goes into my right-side shoulder, and it feels like electricity running up and down my right arm. Sometimes my right arm goes "to sleep", and becomes cold. My left arm doesn't have this. It feels like there's an elastic cord from my tricep, down over my elbow, and under tension as if it were being stretched. This pain can become horrible, even doing something as simple as lifting a cup of coffee. Does anyone have these issues, or know where I can get some answers? I don't want "pain mgmnt" i.e. Vicodin, Percacette, etc. Thanx
I would think with reoccurrence of same or similar symptoms, a follow-up MRI with contrast would be in order as well as electrodiagnostic studies with a neurologist. It is doubtful that there would be a problem with the hardware although it does happen. More likely with tricep pain you are getting a C7 (from the C6-C7 motion unit) root irritation. There are other reasons though. All of this would follow a detailed interim history and clinical exam...
Dubious is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote