View Single Post
Old 03-20-2014, 11:25 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Just came back from the neurologist. Got in early. Seemed very knowledgeable. He seems to think that the lack of sleep is my major concern right now. Made it sound like that without all the rest I would normally be getting from my normal sleep schedule, im cutting down on my brain recovery. He prescribed me amitriptyline for sleep. He seems to think that if I can get at least 5 hours of sleep a day, then my recovery is going to go a lot smoother. He wants to see me in a few weeks to see how its going so thats a plus. He said he doesnt think any scans are needed, since I passed some of the tests that he did today. Also told me normally its a 3-6 month recovery process, but not everyone is the same.

After telling him everything, and reading the other doctors weekly reports, he thinks ill be good within a month, 2 tops. Just told me do not do anything stupid, but keep up with the minor physical activity ive been doing.

Hopefully this can help me sleep, if it works that will be great. Im so over feeling like this. He also told me to not get to excited though, because I could possibly end up being one of those people that do not fall into that 3-6 months area. He really really emphasized the dont do anything dumb, or else it could end up permanent.
Bruins88 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote