View Single Post
Old 03-20-2014, 05:33 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

He basically just did it for my line of work. Which was everything, hence why hes keeping me out at least until May 1st. He said at home, nothing like yard work or heavy lifting. No running or jogging. Nothing that will put my neck nor my head in a compromising position. He said at most, for weightlifting which im big into, is very light weights, 10lbs or less. Kind of useless for me, but I guess its still better than nothing.

He highly recommends going for walks, but no hills. He seemed very good, and I really didnt have to explain much to him. Lucky for me the two dr's ive been dealing with are very knowledgeable on concussions and know the severity of them.

Just a quick story, last year I fell of a 10 foot high concrete block that was slippery from rain. It was not fun, and I got a concussion, no blackout though. At the time, the work dr was not good. Actually, he has since lost his license. He told me there was no way I had anything but a mild concussion because A, I didnt black out, and B, my head was not lacerated. He sent me back to work the next day. Really really makes me wonder if that was the reason I was having some issues for the past year, because I wasnt fully recovered. I like to think of myself as a tough sob, and most family and friends will agree that not much bothers me as far as pain goes. But man, I would not wish this on my worse enemy.

Now the fun part for me.I will be having a lot of family and friends visiting come Monday when the baby comes. That scares me, because I know I cannot handle all that stimulation. I also know that my friends and family are not going to be understanding of not wanting them around or for long periods of time. They all know the severity of my injury, but for her side of the family, this is the first grandkid. 2nd on my side. How should I go about this? Maybe just excuse myself and hide for a little bit. Any tips or tricks to avoid the cluster of all the family and friends? Thanks!
Bruins88 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote