View Single Post
Old 03-20-2014, 05:45 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peony View Post
I also posted this over at the NPF Forum site. I'm aware of the risks of PWP being in hospital for any reason. I have to have back surgery soon for severe lumbar stenosis and want to minimize possible problems. I do have the NPF Aware in Care Kit, which covers what you should be concerned about (meds interactions, meds to avoid, getting PD meds on time, etc.). Would love to hear the experiences of others who've gone through this. I personally know of two PWP who had very bad outcomes due to meds not being given on time, etc. Any comments much appreciated.
Peony,
I'm not sure if this varies from hospital to hospital or in different countries but I've had a few surgeries and have always self medicated.
Tell your anaesthetist so he can be aware of your special needs in medicating if necessary with a tiny sip of water as needed when you're fasting (its still ok then)
Have someone you know well with you post surgery to assist you with PD meds and make sure if you feel queazy that you aren't given the usual anti emetic meds like Stemetil and Maxalon but instead be given domperidone (name may be different in U.S.)
made it up is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ginnie (04-06-2014), Peony (03-20-2014)