View Single Post
Old 03-20-2014, 06:03 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stacy2012 View Post
I would be afraid to just try progesterone without blood tests. You never checked yours??

I will definately look into it, it has been on my list to check things out as I know that time is coming, I am still very regular but I am 47. I keep putting it on the back burner trying to deal with my PN. Maybe I need to move it up to the front burner.

Thanks for all the info I will go check it all out.

Oh, and yes, you and I emailed privately about the benfotiamine quite awhile ago. It use to really help me but not so much anymore, but I still take it.

thanks!

Which progesterone cream do you use?
Also to answer - when I went to the bioidentical doctors that took my insurance, I asked for the oral progesterone in that it is better than the over the counter cream for dealing with the horrific menopausal insomnia should you be unlucky enough to come down with that one.

"I didn't sleep for two years!" Oprah Winfrey on menopause, the show with Suzanne Somers.

If it weren't for that, I would have been alright with just the over the counter cream. Then when I went in for that prescription, she said they don't do saliva tests cause they change all the time - not every doctor abides by the need for saliva tests for hormone levels. She did do a blood test that told me my estrogen was now at 'menopausal' level. No whoop de doo suprise there.
KarenEVP is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote