View Single Post
Old 03-20-2014, 07:15 PM
Newly Joined

10 yr Member
Newly Joined

10 yr Member
Default Spinal Decompression Calf weakness

I am having spinal decompression and laminectomy next friday. I have sever S1 weakness(can't do a single Bilateral calf raise) and numbness in both heels. No Achilles Reflex S1. My quads are getting week. I have been a practicing Chiropractor for 32 years seen 45,000 new patients. My Mri demonstrates sever spinal stenosis. L4/5 both anteriorly and Posteriorly I will try and add image. The worst I have ever seen. Walking is a chore and can't play any sports. Have a Experienced Surgeon 25+ years of doing this lumbar procedure, University Prof. Says statistics say 65% chance of very favorable outcome.
Was looking for some post-surgical posts, but I will post to his site in a few weeks and let you all know how it turns. out. A good chiro would not adjust the lumbar spine. I adjust the Sij all the time with lumbar problems. Adjusting the Sij will free up the lumbar spine with minor stenosis. I do it all the time, but when the stenosis is sever with + mri, + neuro symptoms, and sever weakness, Surgery is necessary. Keep ya posted.
Attached Thumbnails
Calf Weakness w/ Sciatica any support?-razz-mri-jpg  
doctorrazz is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote