View Single Post
Old 03-20-2014, 07:20 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopeful View Post
After, reading these post started thinking it is hard to share with others when I have a good day. I think friends and family just don't understand and probably never will. Can't say I blame them. If I didn't have this, I never would have guessed how bad it is.

Thank goodness with this site we all have others that understand.
I think part of the reason people don't quite understand the extent of our pain is because they can't see it. Also, if we said we had cancer they would get it! Our disease doesn't have the public awareness that other painful conditions have.

Before my medication was adequate, for the first time in my life I spoke of suicide. I told my mother that I wanted to live, very much, but that if this pain couldn't be helped, please don't expect me to live for decades this way.

You know, she nodded at the time and I thought she understood. Then, within weeks, as my pain started to show less and less as the drugs kicked in, she acts as though I'm normal. She just doesn't get that there is residual pain and that I can't stand up for long periods.

BTW I have a question if anyone can answer. I'd rather not make a new thread.

I've seen somewhere written that if you have neuropathy and then get a flu or cold, it's a lot worse. I've been lucky enough not to have had a flu this winter, but am wondering if anyone here has, and just how bad is it? If I get the flu, should I increase my Tramadol?
AussieDebbie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
hopeful (03-21-2014)