View Single Post
Old 03-20-2014, 07:56 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Headache and low grade fever

Hi there, I had my SCS put in December 17. I've always had headaches but since the stim my headaches are never ending and I have regular fevers. My temp which always used to be 36.8 is now always 37.5 or higher. I have just had another round of blood tests as they try to figure out what is going on.
I have on 3 separate occasions since the stim implant deliberately turned the stim off to see if the headache can abate some and yes, each time I turn it off the headache does reduce. I also remember I had nausea for some time but put that down to my headache and fever. What brand do you have? Mine is a Nevro Stenza HF.
I hope you can settle in with it sometime soon and you get the relief we all pray for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bri594 View Post
Hi all, I'm new to the group & was just looking for some help. I had a SCS put in 4 weeks ago. For the past 3 weeks I've had a headache, fever & some vomiting & dizziness. I have been in the hospital twice & have had blood work, CT scans done numerous times & they have found nothing wrong. The Dr wants a spinal tap next. The only thing they saw was that there was a lot of fluid around the battery. It is still extremely sore at the battery site & my other incision. My neurosurgeon doesn't believe it has anything to do with the implant but I'm not so sure. Just wondering if anyone has had a similar problem?
Thanks so much!!
PamelaJune is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Bri594 (03-31-2014), eva5667faliure (03-23-2014), Hana (03-26-2014), Hannabananna (03-20-2014), Mark56 (03-31-2014), Rimbanda (05-24-2014), Rrae (03-21-2014)