View Single Post
Old 03-20-2014, 08:52 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkl626 View Post
Der Parbie,
So nice to hear from you after all this time. I am sorry you have had so many family troubles but happy you have found Dr. D. Are you living in Boston now? I do Yoga and mindfulness meditation classes to help calm my nerves and I am doing pretty well right now. with all I have gone thru this past year it is an absolute necessity.My right side is much better. I started having some trouble on my left side tho and am going back down to see Dr. Ando

I am also trying :
Frequency Specific Microcurrent with an acupuncturist which seems to be helping calm the nerves in my neck
Pool therapy-not sure how much this is helping
Am Starting Strengthening with an Osteoball
Neurontin-600 mg at night-may try it during the day

Hoping to be able to go back to work in May. Take Care-JKL

Hi JKL,

I am glad to be back and to hear from you as well. I am so happy you are doing better, that is such great news! I hope your left side will get better, and there is a lot of hope since PT and the other therapies you have incorporated in your recovery have been working well for your right side. I am not in Boston, I will PM you later, I am trying to keep my whereabouts known to very few people due to the issues I have recently been through. What is an Osteoball? And did you continue the similar things you were doing before the past few months to help your right side feel better?

I am also on the same dosage of Neurontin but I also take it at night and I cant live without it which is sad to say. The meds I have been on since surgery I have not been able to taper down due to my difficult recovery and I am REALLY hoping that when I get rid of the seroma, things will go more smoothly, as I also want to get back to school and work. I do not have much support where I am but I am getting along ok I guess. Just staying focused, also working on changing what I eat a bit as I am always feeling very exhausted and get through 1/2 a day before I need to just lie down and do nothing.

Please keep me posted on how you are doing, will PM you soon

-6/20/14 Seroma Drainage Right Side

-7/18/13 Re-do of Right sided Supraclavicular Thoracic Outlet Decompression by Resection of Cervical Rib, First Rib, and Neurolysis

-8/30/12 Unsuccessful Right sided Supraclavicular Thoracic Outlet Decompression via Scalenectomy, Brachial Plexus and C2 through T1 Neurolysis, Resection of fibrous band attachment to Cervical Rib and Pectoralis Minor Tenetomy
parbie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote