View Single Post
Old 03-21-2014, 06:38 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Also, want to relay one more little conversation I had with Doc George to those of you who would say, "I'm not willing to take the health risks to try hormone replacement therapy! I'll deal with my pain and stay safe!"

Guess what; if you agree with Dr. Lee's book - you're not safe anyway. At menopause, your risk for estrogen fed cancers goes up, that's because most if not all of your progesterone has drained away and left you 'estrogen dominant.'

We had a friend, Ayla, my brother's best friend's wife (from Germany). She was 40 when we went to her funeral. She had been battling breast cancer for six or seven years. After reading Dr. Lee's book - I said to Doc George, "Oh My God!!!!! She died from an estrogen fed cancer!!!!!" He said, "Happens everyday."

So don't think you're safe with your pain, that's all I'm sayin'

Once again, that is if Dr. Lee is right and Doc George and all of the other bioidentical docs and now the conventional docs that also know about progesterone and estrogen dominance. All of that is considering that you still have a uterus and ovaries... or even just ovaries still churning out estrogen... even in reduced amounts.

Think about it, who gets cancer more often, young people or old people? People whose hormones have drained away because they are older, they get most of the yucky stuff, arthritis, heart disease, God you name it, I don't have to. Just don't think you are safe because you decide against some medical treatement or another, you're just not. So I said, "What the H.E. double hockey sticks, why not try a little over the counter cream and see if it improves the light burning in my legs."

(Note again, this place brought me to manageable, and I will be forever greatful. I was scared to come here because I knew I was going to see more horror stories and I was already scared. But Mrs. D and the others, they kept answering my posts so fast and I did not feel alone. This place is a Godsend, make no mistake about it. Then again, there is a Japanese proverb, I believe it's Japanese - it's about business, I heard it in business school, "Fix the problem, not the blame." That goes for medical issues too now, methinks.)

Last edited by KarenEVP; 03-21-2014 at 07:14 AM.
KarenEVP is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
mrsD (03-21-2014)