View Single Post
Old 03-21-2014, 09:39 AM
Newly Joined

10 yr Member
Newly Joined

10 yr Member
Confused Went for MRI for Headache MS in Differential?

Can someone please help me?I just found this forum and am hoping someone can help me interpret my MRI results.

I have suffered from tension headaches and migraines for years but over the past few months they have gotten much worse with the addition of vision disturbances, dizziness, fatigue, and a bunch of other issues so my Neurologist sent me for a Brain MRI without Contrast to see what is causing mainly the headaches. My followup appointment isn't for 2 weeks but I received a copy of the report from the imaging center and am trying to make sense of it. Any help will be appreciated. I am only listing the parts that did not appear normal.

Findings:Scattered subcentimeter FLAIR hyperintensities within the periventricular and subcortical white matter. There is moderate wall thickening involving bilateral maxillary and ethmoid sinuses.

Impressions:
1.Scattered nonspecific periventricular and subcortical old white matter changes. Differential includes non specific demyelinating process such as multiple sclerosis, vasculitis, and infectious etiologies. Small vessel ischemic disease may have the appearance, but this would be atypical in patient's age group.
2.Findings consistent with chronic sinusitis involving bilateral maxillary and ethmoid sinuses.

I read this as they found 2 issues. One with my sinuses, which may be causing my headaches, and another issue which may be MS or a brain infecton?!?!?!? I am also posting this in the Headache forum because I am looking for as much input as possible.
Motolady is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ANNagain (03-21-2014), Erika (03-21-2014), SallyC (03-21-2014)