View Single Post
Old 03-21-2014, 01:36 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Rae!

Rae, you literally made me laugh out loud! The thought of you hopping in your cyber mobile and giving him "what for" - priceless! Thank you for that smile!

I have heard the term "drug holiday" but not from my pm. Like I said, on one hand I want to say I understand his reasoning - but on the other hand, being in pain just doesn't make sense. Also, his lackadaisical attitude towards pain has always baffled me. This is the man who doesn't believe in any type of sedation for procedures, so everything I have let him do to me has been VERY painful, especially the two ablations and the epidural lysis (to break up scar tissue). I refuse to go back into his procedure room again, or as I now call it, the torture chamber.

But I'm a stubborn one . . . he wanted to wean me off ever so slowly - like over the next three months (which in my mind just prolongs the agony), so I am weaning myself off just a tad bit faster. I want to go into my next appointment in four weeks and tell him that I am completely off the meds and ask him what his game plan is for going forward. I'm honestly not on a ton of meds - I was taking 10 mg. of hydrocodone twice a day, and 20 mgs. at night. Over the past two weeks - just on my own - I've gotten it down to where I am taking just 10 mg. of hydro at bedtime only, so I don't think it is unrealistic that over the next couple of weeks I can wean down off of that.

What about withdrawals you ask? I've honestly experienced none. Nada. Zip. And I've been on hydro for the past four years, except for the three months last year that he switched me to Oxycodone, but I weaned myself off of that one, too, after I got my implant and just went back to taking the hydro, as it wasn't as scary of a drug to me as the Oxy was.

Am I in pain? Oh yeah. I'm betting that by the time my appointment rolls around my hubbie will have to drive me, as it is an hour away and I don't think I'll be able to drive myself. But, I would rather get off of it now - show him just how strong I really am - and then move forward, instead of dragging it out for 3-4 months. You just don't mess with us Texas girls!

=Becky

Last edited by chrelsey; 03-21-2014 at 01:37 PM. Reason: Spelling
chrelsey is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Hana (03-26-2014), Hannabananna (03-22-2014), Mark56 (03-26-2014), PamelaJune (03-22-2014), Rrae (06-12-2014)