Thread: dx confirmed
View Single Post
Old 03-21-2014, 05:19 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi again Adel, I didn't mean to sound like such a downer before. Sorry. I'm just having a bad day. I wanted you to know that the best place I think to start is by finding a good neurologist and pm dr and gp. It may take several tries before you find the right ones, but as hard as it is to trust them right now, there are some good ones out there. You just have to keep trying to find them. Just like your meds for rsd. You have to keep trying them until you find the ones that work. It will be okay. It will happen and you'll learn who you can trust and who to avoid. But with a good support system of family, drs and friends, you will be able to cope with whatever rsd brings your way. There are a few good rsd sites online that will help to educate you and your family, friends and drs about rsd. I also check healthgrades on my drs before I see them to check on malpractice history if any and their ratings from other patients. And like I said earlier the people on this forum are awesome. They understand better then anyone else what it's like to have rsd, because them have it too. Again, I hope you can forgive my whiney text above. Sometimes the meds I take bring me down and make me very irritable. One of the lovely side effects of narcos. But with the right drs, you can manage your rsd and still live a good life. Maybe not the same life you had, but a good one just the same. It's just takes more work to accomplish that. Hang in there my friend. It took me about six months for the shock to wear off when I found out I had rsd. I went to a psycholoigst and psychiatrist to help deal. They make it a little eaiser to cope too. I'm here if you ever need a friend and I will be praying for you. Take care.